Friday, January 20, 2006

hey,
Ignore my last post. I wrote that in class. I really didn't except it to work, but, obviously, it did.
I'm not sure what to write about but I thought we had a pretty interesting class on Wednesday. I remember while we were discussing the story I said that in the end he accepts Christianity. That’s obviously not true. Apparently in my mind accepting that many of the principles on which America was founded are Christian is the same as accepting Christianity itself. The family values this country accepts (more or less) are Christian, and Twinkle accepts them as much as the rest of the guests at the party did, perhaps with amusement, but they are a part of her life. Sanjeev doesn't but in the end seems to decide that there’s no harm in pretending, which is in essence what the rest of them are doing.
That’s written poorly, but the point I’m trying to make is that I'm very biased. Accepting doctrines of a religion is very different from believing in it and I for whatever reason didn't notice that in class.

I'm still working out these poems. I'm hoping tomorrow to have something to say about them, but I feel like there’s a lot going on in them that I’m missing.

-alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home